TITLE: Development Manager
Full-Time or Contract: $36,000-$50,000
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Development Manager is responsible for planning and implementing all fundraising programs, including annual campaign; individual giving; major gifts; sponsorships; foundation, corporate, and government grants; planned giving; contributor cultivation and other aspects of fundraising to advance the mission of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS AREA:
- Establishes development policies, systems, and procedures.
- Prepares and administers department budget.
- Develops and submits grant proposals for funds from private foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Identifies potential contributors to special project funds and ongoing operations through examination of past records, individual and corporate contracts, and knowledge of community.
- Collaborates with Marketing Director to develop public relations materials to enhance institution image and promote fundraising program.
- Organizes direct mail campaign to reach potential contributors.
- Develops donor recognition program.
- Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Researches public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify potential sources of funding for research, community service, or other projects.
- Participates in networking opportunities.
- Maintains updated portfolio of documents required as attachments with proposals.
- Summarizes evaluation statistics of Magik Theatre programs for grant reporting.
- Prepares gift and grant acknowledgments.
- Maintains grant files and development database and tracks all funding history.
- Updates all grant-related contacts past and planned in the database.
- Maintains schedule of applications and reports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or five years’ experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising, grant writing, development, event management or community outreach in arts/theatre preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume along with three references to email@example.com