Trike Theatre, Northwest Arkansas’ only professional theatre for youth, seeks candidates to apply for the role of Executive Director.
Founded by Artistic Director Kassie Misiewcz in 2008, Trike Theatre launched its professional arts experiences and training for NWA youth. Over the past nine years, Trike has been a valuable resource for the community, a laboratory for new artistic ideas, and a home for many young artists who have found their voice. Serving over 34,000 children and families a year, Trike Theatre is now looking to make some bold moves to cement its position as Northwest Arkansas’ professional theatre for youth and families and increase access to the arts.
Already known across the country for its innovative work in theatre education and engagement, Trike is leveraging its national connections, along with the company’s local partners, to fuel the next step of growth: a professional home of its own. In our 10th year, Trike is an organization evolving to serve the needs of our rapidly growing community. We need an executive director who not only has broad experience working with established professional theatre companies or nonprofits, but also has a desire to grow and shape a small, nationally recognized company into a regional powerhouse.
Northwest Arkansas regularly ranks as one of the most desirable places in the country to live for both professional development and quality of life. As the area grows, so, too, will Trike. We need a strong, strategic thinker to help us solidify the plan for our next 5 years, and a persuasive, passionate communicator to build consensus among key stakeholders in our community. Our new Executive Director, along with these stakeholders, will spearhead a 2018 marketing and capital campaign that fuels our success in the near term and for years to come.
If you are that person…
If you love theatre and youth…
If you have deep non-profit experience…
If you want the chance to work with a kick-ass creative staff to build something truly unique,
And deeply affect the lives of children for years to come…
We want to hear from you.
- Preferred college graduate with a minimum of five years management experience, preferably in a professional theater, with significant experience in fundraising and marketing.
- Master’s degree or certification in a relevant field is a plus
- Knowledge of professional theatre for youth is a plus
- Proven record as a successful fundraiser
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, board and volunteers and build consensus
- Visionary and innovative thinker
- Ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, the board of directors and staff
Starting Date: as soon as able
Procedure for Applying: Qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, together with a cover letter indicating why interested in the position and salary requirements to Board President: Brad Lawless at email@example.com. Please place “Trike Theatre Executive Director Application” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for applications is Monday, July 10, 2017.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
The Executive Director is responsible for fulfilling the operational vision of Trike Theatre. This position requires that you work at the Trike offices and offsite. This position requires that you work 8-9 hours a day. Your hours will vary depending on the needs of the organization. Hours will be approved by the President of the Board of Trustees.
Reports to: President of the Board of Trustees
- Board Management
- Recruit board and other volunteers
- Maintain regular communications with the Board of Trustees
- Work with Board leadership to keep policies and procedures up to date
- Work with Board leadership to set the meeting agendas
- Participate in all regular scheduled board meetings
- Coordinate and participate in annual strategic planning session
- Direct and supervise day-to-day administrative activities.
- Develop and oversee the annual operating budget in cooperation with the Board of Trustees and Artistic Director
- Ensure proper accounting and bookkeeping practices are being executed
- Exercise responsible stewardship of all resources within the organization and ensure the distribution and allocation of those resources for the optimum balance of artistic quality and boldness, financial strength, and institutional integrity.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting including current financial results, budget performance forecasting, accurate cash flow projections and balance sheet.
Operations of Theatre
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director, ensure that Academy, Camps, Outreach Programs and productions are meeting Trike Theatre’s vision and mission.
- Finalizes Production Schedule with Artistic Director to ensure schedule reaches Trike’s vision
- Negotiate staff contracts
- Supervise and manage staff.
- Cultivate a working environment that promotes the development and retention of the highest quality board, staff and artistic talent
- Design and oversee Development plan that will sustain the fiscal and operational health of the Theatre.
- Responsible for executing all fundraising plans and achieving all fundraising goals.
- Cultivate individual, government, foundation and corporate donors
- Supervise grant applications and grant reports, maintaining strong relationships with funders
- Supervise the annual events
- Create and/or supervise the annual fund campaign, including working with designers to create fundraising materials, as well as thank you notes and benefits administration
Marketing & Public Relations
- Design and manage Marketing Plan that will sustain the fiscal and operational health of the Theatre.
- Responsible for executing all marketing plans and achieving all marketing goals.
- Cultivate strategic media and marketing partnerships
Additional responsibilities as assigned